
I found this picture in some old family photos of my mom and grandma (my dad's mom) quilting. I grew up with my grandparents...both my grandma and grandpa... always working on a quilt.
When I think of my Grandma White, I always remember her sitting in her recliner sewing little quilt pieces together.....or like above, standing over the quilt extended out over her bed....they were ginormous quilts!
During the Summer, they would set up the quilt outside to enjoy the nice weather and invite people to quilt with them. I remember just running around outside and playing while they all sat quilting and talking.
Looking at this picture makes me think that I should carry on the tradition and learn how to quilt....we'll see....I'd have to learn how to sew first!
During the Summer, they would set up the quilt outside to enjoy the nice weather and invite people to quilt with them. I remember just running around outside and playing while they all sat quilting and talking.
Looking at this picture makes me think that I should carry on the tradition and learn how to quilt....we'll see....I'd have to learn how to sew first!



4 comments:
I love this!! Is this a picture from the c.d. of family pictures? What a great memory:)
What a great tradition and memory! I'd love to know how to quilt. We should learn!!!
That is so special that you have that memory!
ps I do have to admit last year when we did quilting for the Stake Relief Society activity I had so much fun (in other words, I agree we should learn)
That was so fun to see that picture!!!
Post a Comment