A few months ago, my office decided to make stricter computer rules. There was a leak in security in another office on campus, so they (the director and associate directors) decided to tighten up security measures in our office..... starting with computer usage first.
It wasn't that big of a change-- no downloading, no unauthorized programs, be more careful with USB drives, always lock your computer when away from your desk, and no iTunes or downloaded music.
Wait, no iTunes or other music?? What am I supposed to listen to at work? Put on my iPod headphones on at work? That's annoying. We can only bring in original CD's to play on our computer (no burned CD's- even from music bought on iTunes.)
So I had to be a little more creative in my approach. I started going to friends' blogs and listen to their music-- it's not downloaded right? (Hopefully I won't get into trouble with the law....) So I decided to create my own Project Playlist for my own blog.... just one more reason why I started my own blog :)
I have over 50 songs on my playlist now, and my goal is to have 100 (the max). I can listen to my favorite songs anytime I want to now without breaking the computer policy! I have Jack Johnson, Dixie Chicks, Indigo Girls, Sarah McLachlan, Tim Mcgraw, Allison Kraus, and so many more to listen to at work! Things are looking up!
So stay and enjoy the music!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Music at work
Posted by Amber at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I am sorry for you that you can't listen to music, and have resorted to a fabulous play list. However, I am happy for me. You have some great songs on here. I think I'll stay on Amber's Blog all day. Thanks, UGA :-)
Ha - I love it when I find a good playlist on somebody else's blog to listen to =). Since we share a love for sappy music, I'm sure I'll be hanging out on your blog more often!
glad that blogs aren't banned! good to hear your music. I'll be visiting more often:)
YAY for blog music...personally the only reason why I have my blog music is for me to listen to because it's free and I can download anything! Way to go!
Post a Comment