Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mowing the Lawn

All my life I have dreaded mowing the lawn. My dad hated mowing the lawn, and I picked up on that at a young age. Now I have a lawn of my own. A friend of mine has a lawn care business and has mowed my lawn a few times. I thought to myself, "self, wouldn't it be nice if he mowed our lawn every month." It was at this time that reality set in. I no longer have an assistantship and we have to cut back financially. The first cut will be the professional lawn care.

So I set out to mow our lawn. My mother just got a new lawnmower so I borrowed it. I thought that it would make mowing the lawn a little bit easier. I was blown away by her self-propelled lawn mower. I thought I had used a self-propelled lawnmower in the past, but I must have been wrong. I knocked that thing out in no time. Granted, The Beatles and R.E.M. helped out by drowning out the monotony of it all. I got it done so fast that I even had time to write this post, although I didn't post right away.

4 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

SUPERWOMEN!!!

Charlotta-love said...

Now you just need to have kids to mow the lawn for you. That's what my parents did anyway.

Sarah said...

you're funny amber. I don't remember dad hating it. I just remember his bad moods about it. Does that mean he hated it??

Sarah said...

Yeah...now I read at the bottom "posted by Bart". lol.