Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All about me

So, I decided to make this list for a Facebook note that's going around....maybe you've already done it yourself. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's list and decided to make my own. And I was extremely surprised how fun it was. All last night, I kept on thinking about other things I could have put on my list....don't worry, I'll just keep it to #25 since it's already a bit too long. Hope you enjoy learning a little more about me and decide to make your own list....


1. I love reading blogs. I am just not a fan of writing on my own blog….hence the once a month (if I’m lucky) blog post.

2. I listen to NPR about 90% of the time I’m in the car. And as a consequence, I start quite a few sentences with “I was listening to NPR the other day…..”

3. I met my husband when I was bald. Luckily, he doesn’t have much hair himself so it didn’t really matter.

4. I really don’t like politics. I try to keep up with the current events (thanks NPR), but I don’t like discussing it.

5. I lived in Bolivia for 1 ½ years in between my junior and senior year of college. I served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

6. As a result of #5, I speak Spanish. Not as well as I used to, but I still do all right.

7. I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. They live all over the place….the closest one lives in Utah (and I’m in Georgia), the farthest lives in Australia. I absolutely love my family and spending time with them. (especially the core four!)

8. I voted for President Obama in November, even though I consider myself a Republican. I guess that’s what comes of marrying a liberal democrat. j/k

9. I graduated from Brigham Young University (BYU) with a major in History and with minors in Zoology and Spanish.

10. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer when I was 24. After surgery, chemo, and radiation, I’m considered in remission. I’m currently on year 3 (of 5) of hormone therapy. (refer to #3....reason I was bald when I met Bart.)

11. I scheduled my sealing date (wedding date) with the Salt Lake Temple before Bart and I were actually engaged….hey, it’s hard to get a good date and time for SLC if you don’t reserve it early.

12. My elementary school has a swimming pool, and we had swimming lessons every year for P.E.

13. I enjoy playing the piano, but I don’t practice enough to be a great (or even adequate) pianist.

14. I love to drink water….I rarely drink anything else.

15. I've never smoked, done drugs, or had one drop of alcohol….and am really happy that I haven’t.

16. I love Bart! He is my best friend and the best husband. I can be myself around him and not worry about anything else. And we have a lot of fun together….anyone who knows Bart would have to agree that it’s always fun when he’s around. I couldn’t imagine spending eternity with anyone but him.

17. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly referred as Mormons). My religion is the most important part of my life and makes me who I am.

18. I love music, but am not especially talented. I don’t like to play/sing in front people, but don’t mind singing in a choir. I also have a ridiculously hard time memorizing words to songs (which Bart makes fun of me for it quite often because I’ll start making up my own words while I’m attempting to sing a song). I used to be embarrassed about it when I when was younger, but now I’ve pretty much accepted it. For some odd reason, I can memorize words without music better than with it…I know, opposite than most people.

19. I am the Young Women’s President in my ward, and I love it. I love the YW and the other leaders….it’s such a fun and uplifting calling.

20.I love playing games….especially Settlers, Euchre, Scrabble (speed or regular), catch phrase. I’ve been told that I’m a little competitive, but it’s just because I win a lot and people are jealous. I also enjoy trash talking, but try not to be a sore loser. I do not, however, enjoy video games. On my “what I want in a husband” list, doesn’t play video games was at the top of my list.

21 My favorite gum is Orbit Bubblemint.

22. My family called me “the devil child” when I was younger. I guess I was one of those horrible kids that was just really mean. My dad used to say that I was his greatest accomplishment in life….referring that I turned out well.

23. I also love sports…..especially basketball and football. I grew up in Indiana and played basketball from elementary to high school. I don’t play very often anymore, but I still love it. One of my favorite college memories is of all my intramural basketball and flag football teams I played on….oh, those were the days.

24. I enjoy cooking but don’t do it often enough because I’m lazy when I get home from work and like to relax on the weekends. I love to have lots of kitchen gadgets and such, even if I don’t use them very often. I know the Williams Sonoma catalogue a little too well, even though I hardly ever buy anything from it.

25. I love my iPhone… I got it last year, and I wouldn’t want any other phone. I love having my email, scriptures, facebook, google reader, music, games, newspapers, gps….all at my fingertips (literally since it's a touch phone...hahaha). The iPhone really is amazing!

3 comments:

RitzFamilyHappenings said...

Your list is great. I had such a hard time thinking of my 25, but then after I was done I thought, "oh, I should have said this or that." Now I need a revised list.

Sarah said...

This was so fun. Surprising to me too. I keep wanting to reread mine or read other peoples. Weird how addicting it is?!?! And we are SO sisters. LOL I kept thinking of more or things I could change. But then I just kept it to what it was. Maybe I should post mine to blog too. Until then, I am going to read yours AGAIN. hahaha

Sarah said...

Delightful Dots...that's the name. Very girly, but I like it!!! love you, miss you. I need to talk to you about coming for a visit!